`91 Les Paul Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `91 Les Paul Studio

Is that considered a good period? I am offered one of those but haven´t played it yet .. last time I played a LP was in the eighties LOL. Is there a known price range? Condition is supposed to be unaltered but used.

Any opinion appreciated.

I got to play a few early '90s Studios, and there were, for the most part, pretty good. I believe they all still had ebony boards at that time.
    One of the best Lesters I've ever played is a black '91 or '92 studio that belongs to a buddy. That thing is a beast! (The guitar, not Dave...)

Comment

I agree. I've played a few of the Studios from the early 90's...all were really nice. The ebony board is key on these.

Comment

That model, depending on condition, would be anywhere from $500 to $700 on ebay...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I agree as well. The early 90's Studios kick lots of ass. Great tones and the ebony boards are a very nice touch. I've had mine since '92 and play it regularly.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

91-92 are very good years.And generally priced as such.I prefer the 83-85 all mahogony studios because they offered the Shaw pickups a very hot commodity right now and the good 57 pickups.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That is about right, and as usuall the white ones and the studio lites go for the most.

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
              That model, depending on condition, would be anywhere from $500 to $700 on ebay...

Comment

Thanks a lot. Still haven´t played it yet but seller wants $ 1.200 for it. I´ll see if I like it. If yes I might search the bay a little, save around $ 600 and get me an Ontario pointy also LOL.

Comment

For that kind of money you could land a L.P.standard used
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I had a Studio from the early 90s with the ebony board, it was very nice, but definitly try it, there seems to be a lot of variations with those. 1,200 is way too high, I don't think the Studios will ever have any collectors value and I see them go for around 800 in local stores.

Comment

Working...
                    X